1.27.2011

I'm starting to think I need to check the weather forecast. We woke up to nearly a foot of snow on the ground! I didn't realize we were going to be getting much of anything! I'm going to blame my lack of knowledge of Scott being away since he is my main source of the weather;) I am proud to say that I managed to clear the snow away with a little help from some neighbors and Abby. Abby was my main source of help. She managed to clear off the bench in our front yard along with the wheels of our cars. (Really wishing I had pulled into the garage last night, but I didn't want to move the recycling boxes out of my way). I can't reach the top of my car so it will have a foot of snow on top until it falls off on its own! The girls didn't come outside with me right away as they were finishing breakfast. I think it could take them all day to finish a meal if I let them! Abby was running around and fell down, cutting her toe in the process so I came into the house to bandage up her little toe. I guess I didn't close the front door all the way (it is a piece of junk and unless you lift the door up while you close it, it will not close all the way) and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dakota barreling out the front door to greet a dog that was out for a walk. So, I ran down the stairs and trudged barefoot through the snow to get the dog back in the house. Only then did I realize she didn't have on her collar so back into the house I went for that, got it on her, only for her to slip her neck out of it and chase after the dog again! What a pain in the butt! And let me tell ya, I was not too happy to be standing in a foot of snow without shoes on. COLD COLD COLD!!! Finally got the dog in the house and decided to bring the girls outside to play while I worked on the rest of the snow. They both had so much fun. Mckenzie kept falling down on purpose and Abby climbed to the top of the snow hills to play king! I didn't realize how long we had been out there, but Mckenzie let me know. She got very cranky and when we went it, it was already lunchtime! So, I got the girls some lunch and went back out to finish up. I am really wishing I had listened to Scott and hired someone to clear the snow for me. It was a lot of work! So babe, I don't say this often, but you may have been right this time;) Abby had a friend over to play and I was so glad because I really didn't feel like playing today. She wanted to play hide and seek which means running up and down stairs looking for her and honestly, I was too tired! We got to Skype with Scott today. It looks like his hair is growing back in already! It is always nice to see him, I just wish it was in person. Mckenzie missed his call again because she was napping. Abby did get to talk to Scott, but she was off to play with her friend pretty quickly. Bedtime went down a whole lot better tonight. Abby only came out of her room once to tell me she was stuffy (she has a bit of a cold). Got her some Vicks and back to bed. Mckenzie gave me a little trouble, but after her 8:30pm bathroom break and a few more attempts to escape her room, she was sleeping by 9pm! A minor victory for me! I'm not sure what the difference was between last night and tonight, but it was a much needed break!
001
020
Not happy that I didn't come outside to play with her!
030

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers