1.04.2011

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

After I put Abby back to her bed, she did stay there all night. It was Mckenzie's turn to sleep in my bed last night. She came over around 4/5 and told me she was hungry and wanted her yogurt. I don't know what is so great about those yogurts, but I need to try one soon. That kid is addicted to them. Nevertheless, I was not about to start my day that early and I managed to get her to drink a cup of milk instead. That held her off until shortly before 7 which is much more acceptable to me. Mckenzie had a follow up eye appointment today in Philly. Doc says all looks good with her eye and we only need to come back yearly now. Thank goodness. Not that it is a long drive, but that it takes forever to get seen by the doc. We were there an hour and a half for what was literally a five minute visit. Our doc is great though and he just loves Mckenzie.He picked her up and hugged her and let him sit on his lap while he did his charting. She was in heaven because he let her help push keys on the keyboard! So, for good medical care, I am willing to spend the time. We stopped at Chick fil A on the way home as a reward to the girls for behaving so well at the doctor's. They were both excited to get to play and the best part for me was they didn't throw a fit when it was time to go. I told the girls one last time down the slide and when Mckenzie got to the bottom, she smiled at me and with one finger in the air asked, "one more time? five more times?". I caved and let her go down once more! Who could resist that little smile? I put Mckenzie down for a nap when we got home and Abby and I hung out together. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Turns out I broke a filling and it needs to be repaired. But, the doc didn't have time to do that today as they just squeezed me in. The girls were good and played in the waiting area. I love that they have a play area for the kids and the front desk staff will keep and eye on your kids while you are in the back. I only wish the doc didn't talk so much to everyone. It took over an hour to get an xray and for the doc to look at it. The kids were getting restless by the time we left since it was dinner time. I hope I can find someone to watch them for me on Thursday when I go back so they don't have to sit there again this week! Both girls went to bed pretty easily tonight. Mckenzie did ask to sleep in my bed, but I have discovered that if I walk away from her after saying no, she will follow me to her room without much of a battle. That is the way I like to end the day!
032
I didn't have a photo of the girls today, so I thought I would use this one of Scott and the girls. Miss ya babe and I hope you get some rest on your long flight!

1 comment:

  1. Another photo that brings tears to my eyes! I hope Scott can see these pictures whenever he wants!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers