1.28.2011

Friday, January 28, 2011

I was so proud of myself this morning. Both girls were dressed, fed, and happy before leaving for school on time. Usually, I get Mckenzie up a little later than Abby since we come back home after dropping her at school and I can get Mckenzie ready for the day then, but today, Mckenzie was going to have her first day of class. Unfortunately, class was cancelled this morning and I didn't know until I saw an empty school! I never would have thought by looking outside that there was any reason to cancel or delay school. But, that is what our town did. I was really looking forward to some alone time too. I know how selfish it sounds, but it has been a month of non stop being a mommy and I just wanted a couple of hours all to myself! So, we hung out for awhile and then headed to the post office and then to Target. I let the girls pick out stuff to send to Scott for Valentine's day. I know he is just going to love it all! We stopped at Chick fil A for lunch and playtime and then headed back home to get Mckenzie down for a nap. She started to fall asleep in the car, so I cranked the music and I could see this little smile around her pacifier. She knew I was trying to keep her awake. I put Mckenzie down for a nap and let Abby have her friend come over to play. They get along so well and it is fun for me to listen to them play together. I am working on Abby's manners when she does have a friend over. She likes to pout if she doesn't get her way and I am trying to put a stop to that. She tried really hard to play the games her friend wanted and she even let her friend go first at Memory! I am so proud of her for trying! The girls went to bed a lot easier last night. Mckenzie was a little more work to get to bed than Abby, but the girl can't help when she needs to go potty. I am working on turning the blog from last year into a book and I am almost finished. I am so excited! I think it will be something the girls will treasure when they are older.
006edit
008edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers