1.24.2011

Both girls ended up sleeping in bed with me last night. It was easier than getting up to lay on the floor with Mckenzie. The dog woke me up this morning and at first I was annoyed, but it was the first time in forever I showered in complete peace and quiet. I got Abby off to school and Mckenzie and I headed to the grocery store. She was supposed to go in for her two year check up (a little late I know) but when I called to confirm her appointment this morning as I hadn't heard anything from the office, I found out the doctor was out for the day and they cancelled her appointment. I was pretty irritated that nobody from the office bothered to call me and the gal on the phone was rude. She kept telling me how the immunization clinic was walk-in service. Really? I don't give a crap. I scheduled a two year well child check up to have my child seen by the doctor, not to get shots. (If I remember correctly, they don't get shots at two). Anyway, I let her know how I was used to the civilian world where they actually cared about the entire health of the child and not just giving the kid their immunizations. I get that doctors get sick. They are only human. But, the entire staff wasn't sick and someone could have used a damn phone to let me know. Obviously I am easily irritated today! So, Kenzie and I hung out at the house this morning, working on laundry and picking up the house. After we picked Abby up from school, the girls wanted to play outside so they got out the beach toys and started playing. There isn't much snow left to play in, but they had lots of fun. The day went pretty smoothly. Not a lot of huge arguments. They saved those for bedtime. I had a preschool meeting at the house tonight so I let the girls watch tv in our bedroom. I don't know for sure what was going on up there, but it seemed like I was up there every 10 minutes settling some kind of fight. Then it was time for bed and it turned really ugly. Abby was crying she missed Daddy and then Mckenzie started in. Neither of them would stay in their room. I should have skipped the meeting because I think I only got half of the information we discussed anyway. I ended up putting Abby to sleep on the sofa in the family room and Mckenzie in the living room. Abby fell asleep. I think she just needed to get away from Mckenzie's influence. Mckenzie wanted to play and she was hitting Abby. It was just very very ugly. Luckily they are both sleeping for now in their own rooms (well, Abby is in the playroom). I just hope we can make it through the night!
This is Abby jumping when I asked her to.
005
This is Mckenzie's jump! Her feet never left the ground!
008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers