1.05.2011

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We actually made it to school on time this morning with little to no arguments. I love days that start like that. It always gives me hope for the rest of the day! That hope ended when Mckenzie and I were out running errands and I realized I forgot her pacifier. You would have thought the world was coming to an end the way she was crying and carrying on in the post office because she just needed to have her pacifier. We did manage to get to the grocery store to pick up some bread without too much difficulty and then we headed back home. As soon as we got home, Mckenzie was on a mission to find her missing pacifier. She just loves them. I can't wait to get rid of them. It seems as though in every picture I take of her, she is sucking on that silly thing. Abby told me she had a great day at school when we picked her up. She even told me they are working on the letter L this week. Usually she just says she learned nothing when I ask what she learned in school today. I take this as a sign of progress! Once we got home, the girls started fighting over toys almost as soon as they walked in the door. So, today, the girls lost a handful of toys because they couldn't share. They were very upset and finally starting getting along well enough that I could work on cleaning the house. Every once in awhile, I would hear a little argument start and all I would have to say is "Do I need to come in there?" and the spat would be over. Scott and I have taken toys away in the past and it never seems to do any good. Maybe it worked today because I added a few tears to the mix after what seemed like the millionth argument! During dinner, Abby was telling me a little more about her day at school. It was fun to listen to her gossip about her friends. One thing she said to me was "You know what? JP likes Shay and Shay likes JP!" with this cute little smile on her face. Oh, a funny thing Mckenzie said tonight as she was sitting on the potty was "get rid of old gas. need new gas!" because her tummy was hurting and I told her it was just gas. I love the little things the girls say. For bedtime story tonight, I let the girls read the books Scott recorded for them before he left. They were so excited to hear his voice! I thought tonight would be the perfect night for it because Abby told me a couple of times today how she wished Daddy was home :( I talked to Scott today. Sounds like he had a long, uncomfortable flight and is waiting for another long, uncomfortable flight. I hope he finishes traveling soon and can get settled in.
003
Rockin' my glasses!
001
006
007
She loves to play piano, especially sad songs as she calls them. So, instead of singing loudly, she sings ever so sweetly while she gently plays the keys.

2 comments:

  1. How are you doing? Are the girls adjusting okay to Scott being gone? I've been thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers