7.21.2010

Abby ended up in my room again last night. I don't even know what time she came over, but I don't even argue any more. It is just easier to let her climb in. Abby had gymnastics this morning and luckily we didn't leave bear there this week! Abby seems to be enjoying her lessons, but I am a little worried about the place myself. The kids always take a quick minute or two break to use the restroom or get a drink about half way through the class. Well today, one of the little girls didn't go back into the gym with the rest of her class and she just stood by the window waiting. I guess she didn't hear the teacher call the kids back in. Anyway, the girls mom wasn't there so I tried to tell her to go back into the gym, but she just stared at me and didn't say anything. What worried me was the teacher never came out to look for her missing student. After 10 or 15 minutes, I went to the front desk to let them know about the girl and the gal up there took her back into the gym. Maybe I am paranoid, but that really worries me that she could be missing from class that long and no one noticed. I am glad I stay around the gym while Abby is doing her lesson. Abby wanted to make a kite today so we got out the crayons and decorated away. Mckenzie wasn't really into it as she wanted to paint instead of color. Abby just wanted to fly her kite right away. I told the girls we would fly them this afternoon after the glue had dried. Nap time came with a little break for me. Abby wanted to play by herself so I had a little break. It was a short one since Mckenzie didn't nap very long. I tried to get her to go back to sleep, but she just banged her feet against her crib and kept looking at me. I asked her if she wanted to get up and she got a big grin on her face and jumped up so I could lift her out of her crib. We went to fly kites in the front yard, but it wasn't very much fun. Abby was disappointed that her kite didn't fly (I stand by the fact it didn't fly because there was very little wind and not because of the design!) She ran around a little bit but became bored pretty quickly. Mckenzie could have cared less. She went back into the house and pouted on the stairs because she didn't want to even hold her kite, much less run with it. So, we planted some flowers I have been meaning to get around to instead. We headed out back to play in the water and the girls had fun with that. It got to be dinner time and Abby was very disappointed with me that I didn't take them to the park today. My bad. I should have taken them, but it was pretty humid here today and I just didn't feel like going to the park. They both had a blast playing in the water and getting me wet. It wasn't until I told them to get upstairs for a bath that anyone complained. I guess I know what we are doing tomorrow! Dakota had a bunch of dirt on her so I took the hose after her to clean her up a little. Big mistake. I think she is dirtier now after rinsing her off than she was before. As soon as I let her go, she ran into the yard and starting rolling around and shaking herself off like a crazy person. She just wouldn't stop running and rolling. It was a hoot! I guess I need to make an appt to get her bathed one of these days. She smells really bad after her mini bath!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers