7.24.2010

Scott made it home last night! I am so glad. It seems like he has been away so much lately and it is comforting to know he is home for a little while. The girls were up pretty early this morning. Mckenzie got up around 6:30 and it was too early for me so I took her back to bed with me. It took a couple of seconds before she realized Scott was there too. Then she got a big smile on her face. Abby got up a little bit later after the rest of had already gone downstairs. She came around the corner and realized Scott was on the couch. She got so excited and ran to him. Since we were all up, we went to Perkins for breakfast. Pretty tasty this morning. We came home and veged out for while before ya know it, it was lunch time for the girls and nap time. We all got a nap in today. It was great! We went to a local fair, called the Farm Fair this afternoon. It was carnival rides, vendors, 4-H exhibits, and tractors all in one. The girls had so much fun on the rides and checking out the chickens (a favorite of both girls), goats (Mckenzie's fav), and cows. Bunnies and baby chicks were a hit too. There was one chick the girls got to pet that had been born today. That was pretty cool. Abby got to do a pony ride which she liked to do. Mckenzie was content to just look at the ponies. It was really hot out today, I think the actual temp got near 100 if not over and the humidity was high too. I checked the weather when we got home around 8 and the temp was still 90 with a heat index of 100. Crazy hot weather we are having. We went out for dinner since neither Scott nor I felt like cooking after spending the afternoon out in the heat. We came home and got the girls in bed after a quick bath. Abby said something funny today. As we were driving, we past a bunch of flowers. She said "I would like to give those to you. Oh look, purple flowers. I would like to give those to myself!" It was so funny to us the way she said that. I will post pictures later.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers