7.19.2010

The girls and I drove to the base today and as soon as we got close, both of them started saying Daddy. I felt so bad because they were both thinking we were going to see Scott. Unfortunately, we weren't that lucky. We went to the referral office at the clinic and the lady there was so helpful, unfortunately, she wasn't the one that could actually do anything for us. She sent us back to the same place I have been dealing with before and instead of speaking to someone in person which was the whole point of driving 30 minutes to get there, I had to leave a note for the nurse saying what I needed. She called me back in the afternoon to not so kindly tell me that there was absolutely no reason I needed another referral because the first one was just fine. Guess she didn't see the part in the note that said the first office visit claim was denied and charged to me because I didn't have a referral. Then at the end of the conversation with much ice in her voice she said "I put in another referral even though you don't need it!" Whatever. I wish there was a way we didn't have to use referrals that didn't cost us any extra money. We ran to the commissary to pick up some lunch meat and then we headed back home for lunch. The girls played a little while before I put Mckenzie down for her nap. Mckenzie is learning so much these days and today, she was lining things up and counting them. She would say "in" whiling placing the objects to one side and then start counting them. She doesn't use the right numbers or words even, but she starts with one and then each time her finger points to something different, she says another "number". I love this age. It is so fun to see her learn and grow. Her personality is emerging everyday and she is such a sweet little girl with a slight streak of defiance in her. She has those moments where you tell her no and she looks at ya and does it anyway. Abby and I played games during nap time. I am starting to wonder how old she has to be before I quit trying to lose every game we play, especially Memory.I let her win every game of that because it takes so long to play. When we play Candyland, we always play three games and she wins two out of three guaranteed. We got to Skype with Scott today. It was great to see him and the girls' faces when they got to see his. They both shout Daddy over and over and over again. It gets so loud around here! We went for a bike ride/run after dinner. I know I have said it before, but I really need to wear tennis shoes instead of flip flops. This whole riding fast thing is pretty new for Abby and I forget that in order to keep up with her, I can't just walk. Good exercise, but hard to keep on the flip flops! Mckenzie loves it when I run. She sits in the stroller shouting "fast fast" with a big grin on her face. Dakota was so naughty again today. She found a bag of goldfish I had brought into the house and ate the remnants and chewed the bag up. Its not like I don't feed her. There is food in her dish every day. I think she just likes to be naughty! Sorry no pics today. Feeling kind of lazy!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU for the book! I was just telling Brent how I needed another book! And then it came in the mail. I'll get another soon to read and send it your way. Can't beat postage for a new book!

    The Skype conversation made me smile! I can just hear the excitement bc the kids are like that with Brent when he gets home (and it has only been for the day). And it does get loud. Hope Scott comes home soon and safe!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers