7.14.2010

Abby had gymnastics this morning and she had fun just like last time. Mckenzie did better this time when Abby went into the gym. Instead of crying, she just wanted to watch Abby. We came home and played awhile before lunch. When I was getting ready to put Mckenzie down for her nap, I couldn't find her bear anywhere. I searched the entire house, even upstairs although we hadn't been up there after we came home. No bear. I checked the car, outside. Nothing. I started getting pretty worried because she has never been without it and I don't have a replacement. I called the gymnastics studio and luckily I had left it there. So, I could either pack up the kids in the rain and drive to pick it up, which would have resulted in Mckenzie falling asleep in the car and then not taking a nap. Or, I could try nap without bear. I chose to put her down without bear and she surprised me by not throwing a tantrum. She asked a couple of times for bear, each time her voice was a little more sad and desperate, but I told her we didn't have it and gave her a blanket that was pink and felt like her lamb. It seemed to do the trick because she fell asleep and napped for two hours. I was so happy. I can't believe I left the bear at the gym. I felt terrible for being such a terrible mom. Four and a half years I have been remembering to keep lambie and/or bear safe and today was the first time I actually left it somewhere. We did have a crisis with Abby's when she was 2.5 yrs old. Her lambie somehow ended up in a box of garbage, but we luckily found it before it got thrown away. I would say we have been pretty lucky in the lovie department. Scott called on his way home so I asked him to swing by the gym and pick it up for us. When Scott walked in, I am sure it was a pretty close tie for Mckenzie who she was happier to see. Those little girls get so excited to see their daddy. Too bad he is leaving again tomorrow :-( We had a quiet evening in with me cooking AGAIN and an ice cream cone for snack. Abby wanted both chocolate ice cream and vanilla, so I assumed Mckenzie would want the same. Boy was I wrong. She threw a huge fit with real tears until we replaced the chocolate ice cream with vanilla. Then she was all smiles.

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    skip bins brisbane prices

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers