7.07.2010

Scott took his turn sleeping on Mckenzie's floor for awhile last night. I don't know what her deal is lately, but she wakes up and is wide awake. The only way she falls back to sleep is if you lay on her floor. Abby went to her first gymnastics class today, well, at least her first class since we move here. She was so excited to go; the first thing she said to me this morning was "nastics today". I love how there are still words she hasn't learned how to say. It reminds me that she really is still so young even though when I look at her, she looks so old! Abby did great a her lesson. She went right into the gym with the teacher and didn't even cry or try to come back out of the room. She did look a little hesitant, but that disappeared pretty quickly. She kept looking back at me during her class and waving or smiling. It was great to see her enjoy something on her own and she said she was excited to go back next week. We are only doing one class a week for now. Maybe later we will add more, but I would like her to try other activities as well. Mckenzie fussed a little bit right after Abby went into the gym because she wanted to go play as well. She even had her shoes off and in a little cubby like Abby :-( I need to find some kind of class that her and I can do this fall when Abby is in school. She needs the social interaction for sure as she is always a little reserved around other kids. We ran to Target after Abby's class to get a new leotard for her. The old one was a little snug to pull on this morning! I was so happy to find a pair of shoes for Mckenzie that weren't too tight across her foot. That little girl has the chubbiest feet and cheap shoes never seem to work, but these slipped right on her foot today and didn't look like they were going to cut into her feet! Abby wanted Chick-fil-A for lunch, but I decided we needed to eat at home instead. That didn't make her very happy. Neither did the mac and cheese that I made. She ranted and raved for quite a few minutes about wanting a peanut butter sandwich instead and then she decided she to try bargaining saying she would eat the mac and cheese and the sandwich. I held my ground and she finally ate the lunch I made for her. We stayed inside today because it was pretty hot out there again. We hit record highs yesterday at 103. At least the humidity wasn't high. Scott grilled up some burgers for dinner and then it was bath time and bed time! Abby did great sleeping in her purple room last night so here's hoping the same holds true tonight!
The poor groundhog that chose to live under our shed.
Stalking the groundhog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers