7.04.2010

Happy Fourth of July!!! We took the girls to the base for playtime followed by fireworks. Abby wanted to jump in the bounce castles first and of course, chose the princess castle. She had a blast jumping around like always. Mckenzie wasn't to sure what to think of the bounce castle. I put her in, she looked around and was ready to leave within seconds. Her little feet never even made it all the way in the castle. Mckenzie tried a couple more times to go in, but each time she decided it wasn't the place for her. I give her credit for trying it so many times and not crying. She really is a brave girl. After bouncing for awhile, we had a picnic dinner. Abby asked why we were sitting on the ground and Mckenzie kept stepping on her food. Abby and Scott went on a go kart ride. Abby (and Scott) just love to ride those things. Mckenzie was happy to eat some kettle corn with me and watch from behind the fence. We played on the playground until it starting getting dark. Then we headed to the car to get our chairs and find a good spot for the show. Scott and the girls went to get a treat and came back with fried oreos. Not too bad. Mckenzie didn't really like them, but Abby enjoyed them. I loved listening to the girls during the fireworks display. Abby kept saying "look at this one" and gleefully shouting and screaming throughout the show. She raised her hands in the air in excitement and then cover her mouth with them. It was so precious to share that moment with her. It was true excitement and enjoyment, I even had a couple of tears in my eyes as I sat there and watched my girls enjoy the fireworks. They are growing up so fast and in a few years, they most likely won't show that kind of unbridled enthusiasm when they are enjoying something. Mckenzie enjoyed the show too, just not quite as enthusiastic about it as Abby. Mckenzie sat on Scott's lap for awhile and watched in awe, saying "huge" and "wow" and "loud". This was the first time she has been old enough to enjoy watching fireworks and I am glad we were all there to enjoy it. Both girls ended the night without a major tantrum and that is pretty amazing since we didn't get to our car until almost 11pm. Both kids were asleep within minutes and I actually got to enjoy listening to the radio on the way home. Scott picked up his truck from work and drove that home. I carried my sweet little Abby up to bed and she didn't even open her eyes to see what I was doing. I am sure she would have been excited because she got to sleep in her dress (she loves dresses and would sleep in them every night if she could).  Scott carried Mckenzie in the house, but she was wide awake. I was kind of glad, because she was a sticky mess and it gave me the chance to wash her off before putting her to bed. Luckily, she went right to sleep once she was in her crib.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers