7.20.2010

The girls and I ran to Target first thing this morning. Well, by first thing, I mean we were out the door before 10. Not sure that qualifies, but it is hard to get those two moving in the morning. The girls wanted Icees, but unfortunately, the machine was down for the day and they had to settle for smoothies. Neither one was really impressed. They both behaved with no major tantrums so I was thankful for that. We were loading our goodies in the car and I realized we forgot to pay for a doggie toy for Dakota. So, we headed back in to pay for it and headed on home. We got home in time to Skype with Scott again. The girls loved it. No one had much to say since the girls and I don't do anything and Scott didn't do a whole lot either. So, it was a quick call, but great to hear his voice. Lunch and then nap for Mckenzie and game time for Abby and I. We played the Five Little Monkeys Game and I ended up winning (not by choice, but it was the first time we had ever played it and I wasn't sure how to cheat so I could lose.) That did not make Abby happy and we had to move on to Candyland. The girls wanted to sit in Mckenzie's booster seat in the living room, but one chair doesn't make two girls happy, so I had to dig around and find the other booster seat. So, both girls were hanging out in the living room sitting in their boosters. We went to the park this afternoon and I am so proud of Abby. She made it across the monkey bars all by herself! She is getting so strong. What made me the proudest though, was her attitude when she was struggling to get across the first few times. She didn't get mad or start whining. She just laughed it off when she fell and started over again. Mckenzie wanted to do the monkey bars as well and she has a pretty strong grip. Oh, Abby had another accomplishment today at the park as well. She climbed to the top of the dome and jumped down by herself.That has been another one of those playground pieces she gets mad over, but she must have had a whole lot of determination running through her veins today. We came home for dinner and both girls had to sit in a booster seat at the table. At first I was a little annoyed Abby wanted to sit in one as well, but then I realized, both girls were strapped into a seat. Neither one could get up and run around during dinner. It was great!! We Skyped with Scott again after supper. Abby said a quick hello, told Scott about the monkey bars and was off to watch Dora. Mckenzie on the other hand wanted to dominate the conversation, not really saying anything, but just talking. A quick shower for the girls and off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers