7.13.2010

I managed to force myself out of bed again this morning before the girls woke up even though I stayed up way too late again. (When will I learn to go to bed at a reasonable hour?! ) It was well worth it though to shower in peace and not have two little faces staring at me the whole time or someone opening the door just because she knows how to now! Got the girls up and made some homemade french toast with the girls' help. (you would be so proud of me mom!).  We played inside today since it rained for the better part of the day. Abby let me play school with her and I actually got her to practice writing her numbers and her full name. I guess I will have to try the school approach everyday! The girls were playing hide and seek with each other tonight and it was fun to sit back and watch them. (ok, I wasn't really sitting, I was folding one of the million loads of laundry I did today). Abby would have Mckenzie hide and Mckenzie isn't all that sneaky yet so everyone knows where she is at. But, Abby is such a good sport and pretends she doesn't know where she is at (I guess she has picked up on how we play hide and seek with her). When Abby found Mckenzie, they both squealed in delight. Then it was Abby's turn to hide and it was so fun to watch Mckenzie. She turned her face to the wall, covered her eyes with her little hands and started counting, or at least trying to count. She says, "one, two, one, three and a bunch of made of words" and then she smiles and starts looking for Abby. Abby is not one to wait patiently and always giggles while waiting, giving herself away. Then they laugh wildly and start all over! It delights me every day to watch the interaction between the two of them. I hope they grow up to be the best of friends! We had to go the the post office today and mail a couple of packages. We had a busy day with a lot of different activities; baking banana bread while Mckenzie napped, water colors, coloring, play doh... I was starting to run out of ideas so I was glad when the rain stopped and we could go outside for a little bit. Abby rode her bike and Mckenzie rode in the stroller. We went over to the park, but we didn't play. Abby wanted to ride the path around the park and so we did that, although I should have worn tennis shoes instead of flip flops because Abby wanted to race. It wasn't that easy to push the stroller and run in flip flops and keep up with Abby on her bike! I think the girls have a new favorite bedtime story instead of Pinkalicious. It is still a Pinkalicious book, but this one is about a lemonade stand instead of pink cupcakes. (Laurie, if you haven't gotten these books for Delia, you really should. They are very cute!) Sorry that I didn't get any pictures taken all day.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of them! Delia's favorite book right now is Gossie. She likes the page when Gossie is sad. I wonder what that means!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers