7.12.2010

I can't believe it! Instead of being woken up by the pitter patter of little feet or my name being shouted across the baby monitor, I awoke to the sound of the recycling truck only to realize I forgot to put ours out! Thankfully I managed to get one of the bins out (they have two separate trucks, one for paper and the other for glass, plastic, etc.).  The other bin will just have to wait until next time! I forgot how much easier it is for me to wake up first and then have the girls get up. Even just 15 minutes makes a whole world of difference for me. I am awake and ready to tackle all things mommy right away. We ran to the grocery store this morning. The girls were pretty good and that makes shopping there on a Monday better. I don't like going on Mondays because they are restocking the shelves from the weekend and they always seem to be out of one or two things I really need. This week it was frozen pancakes that was missing. If only my Mom was around to make them some homemade ones! We came home and did nap time for Mckenzie. Abby helped me sort outgrown kids clothes by playing in the box I had been storing the clothes in. She got all of her baby dolls and locked them inside because there was a tornado and also because she was a witch. Now that I have started sorting the clothes, it means I finally have to decide what to do with them. I would like to ebay the clothes so I have a little extra cash, but it seems like a lot of work. I tried Craig's list when we lived in Florida, but people were so cheap. They didn't want to pay anything for the huge lots of baby clothes I was trying to get rid of. I wonder if it would be the same here. When Mckenzie woke up, I let the girls go swimming. The water was still pretty cold as it wasn't very warm out, but the girls had a blast. I did add some hot water just so they wouldn't freeze! They wore their matching "ballerina" swimsuits that Abby and Mckenzie just had to have. Abby kept running around and twirling, saying she wanted to be a ballerina. Mckenzie played around with the skirt. The girls had quite the interesting dinner tonight of pigs in the blanket and pasta. Not a typical combination, but they both ate it. Dakota was so naughty today when it came to food. First she stole Mckenzie's pancakes from breakfast and then at dinner, she put her nose on the table and tried to steal Mckenzie's leftovers! Mckenzie must have been tired again tonight, because we were downstairs wrapping a present for a friend and she grabbed bear and paci and looked at me and said bed in her sweet little voice. Abby was none to happy about going to bed, but at least she is crying like the other night.

1 comment:

  1. Another little girl I know has that swimsuit too! I think we both spend too much time in Target!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers