7.23.2010

I stayed up until 3 last night which got to be a little late considering the girls wanted to be up before 7am! We ran to the grocery store this morning and ran into friends from preschool. What a treat! The girls were excited to see one another and ran around the produce aisles for a couple of minutes together. I thought for sure it would be major meltdown time when we went our separate ways, but luckily the girls behaved! They were actually really good in the store. Abby wanted Chick fil A and I caved because Mckenzie had already fallen asleep by the time I got the groceries loaded into the car. I just wanted to keep her awake so she would take a nap this afternoon. I think Abby's new favorite saying is "I get it. I understand." Guess she does listen to me after all! I put Mckenzie down for a nap and Abby and I played with legos again. I was very disappointed to find out the old legos from when I was a kid are not compatible with the new ones. Mckenzie took a short nap and then we played around the house for awhile. It looked like a tornado had struck every room in the house! The girls wanted to go to the park so off to the purple park we went. Poor Mckenzie doesn't handle the heat very well and today was pretty warm out. After maybe 20 minutes her checks were red and she was looking tired. We only played for an hour before heading home for a bath and dinner. I was so surprised both girls sat in there chairs the entire meal! Not sure how that happened! I let the girls stay up a little longer tonight so I could get some cleaning done before Scott gets home tonight or I should say early morning. They weren't much help, as they seemed to find the toys I had just picked up and start playing with them again! Abby is getting better though and she will help if I ask. I just fall into the rut that it goes much more quickly if I just do it myself. I really need to start breaking up the house cleaning so when I do ask the girls for help, I have the time to let them do it without worrying I won't get everything done. But the whole house is dusted, laundered, mopped, and vacuumed. I even did the bathrooms. Which I really don't like and I used to clean when Scott was home so he would do the bathrooms for me. Doesn't work to well when he isn't around when I am cleaning. Abby had a small crisis tonight. When it was time for bed, she couldn't find lambie. We searched for at least 20 minutes looking in every nook and crannie. I even checked the garbages. Yuck! Turns out that Abby didn't bring lambie into the house after we had gone to the park. She was laying in Abby's car seat. I was so relieved and I can't imagine how relieved Abby was. She was crying and trying to look, but she didn't know where to start looking. I didn't even think about the car because I could have sworn I saw her playing with lambie after her bath. But I was wrong and it all ended up well. I guess that will teach me to start locating lambie before it is time for Abby to crawl into bed. She didn't get there until 9:15! Maybe she will sleep in for me tomorrow! Oh, Mckenzie said one of her first longer sentences today. She was looking for Dakota and she said "Koko, where are you?" She is getting to be so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers