7.25.2010

We didn't do a whole lot today. Scott mowed the yard and discovered a lot of wasps nests in the backyard so the girls can't play out there until we get that fixed. I made turkey wraps for lunch, but the girls apparently didn't like them as neither of the girls touched the wrap. Mckenzie picked out the cheese and Abby picked out the meat and cheese, but not really eating any of it. So, I guess I can cross wraps off my list of meals for awhile. Mckenzie went down for a nap and the rest of us just hung out. It rained here this afternoon so we didn't get to play outside this afternoon either. We headed to Target to pick up a few things and I promised Abby an Icee. Well, it just so happens that the Icee machine wasn't working again today. Both girls were so sad since we already had our cups and it wasn't until we got to the machines that we saw they weren't working. I got a decaf frappucinno from Starbucks which made the girls happy. We decided to pick up a pizza on the way home and we wanted to try out a place close to the house. I went in and ordered it and they said it would be 20 minutes. Since it was so late, we drove the kids home to get them in the bath and I drove back to pick up the pizza. When I got there (it had been nearly 20 minutes) the pizza guy told me it was going to be awhile.  I thought he meant like 5 maybe 10 minutes. I was wrong. Apparently the guy wasn't feeling good or was too hot (the building was very warm) and he didn't want to be at work. He ended up getting fired by his boss over the phone while I was sitting there waiting for my pizza. It was crazy how dramatic some people can be although I don't know the whole story. It didn't sound like that was the first phone call to his boss (the pizza guy wouldn't even talk to his boss, he made another employee do all the talking) so I am not sure why the boss hadn't come into the store to help out. It took an hour, but the pizza was finally ready. I felt so bad for the girl left to handle the store. She didn't know how to make pizzas and she was left with orders not fulfilled. Poor thing had to call the other customers to let them know they wouldn't be getting pizza tonight. Then, she was so busy that by the time she remembered to get our pizzas out of the oven, they were very well done (the crust was so tough the dog had a hard time chewing it!). I told her it was fine and it wasn't her fault; she looked like she was due for a good cry any minute. The pizza would have been good if it was cooked right so maybe someday we are feeling adventurous we will try them again. We bought Super Mario Brothers for the Wii and Abby had fun playing it. I think Scott and I will probably enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers