7.09.2010

The girls both slept in this morning which was fabulous and even better, Mckenzie slept all night by herself! She fussed a little, but never enough for us to actually go into her room! The girls took a shower this morning and Mckenzie did great! In the past she has been scared of the water raining down on her, but not today. And Abby just loves the shower; I have to pry her out of there or she would stay in there all day! We ran a couple of errands and it was getting late when we went to Lowe's. Both girls were hungry and Mckenzie was getting tired, so it made for a challenging time at the checkout. Abby kept wanting to help and flowers were falling off the overloaded cart and Mckenzie was trying to climb out of the cart. We must have made quite the impression on the cashier because he wished me good luck as we were heading out of the store! We got home and had some lunch and Mckenzie down for her nap. She took a long nap today so I am hoping this means her teeth aren't bothering her as much! We played inside after nap; I was going to take the girls to the park, but it looked like it might rain (it never did and I wish I would have taken them out) and I thought Scott was going to be home reasonably early (that never happened either). So, I gave the girls dinner and then let the play with the jeep in the garage again while I cleaned up. Once when I went to check on them, Mckenzie was in the driver's seat. Abby told me "I let her drive sometimes." I guess she is old enough. I can't remember if Abby was two or three when she got that jeep for Christmas. I think she was almost three. Whatever. Mckenzie didn't crash anything so I guess she is big enough to drive it around in the garage. I took the girls outside to ride bike while we waited for Scott to get home. It was a busy day at work for him and he didn't get home until 7:30. Scott started a fire in the pit in the backyard and we made s'mores! It was 9:30 by the time we got the girls to bed, but it was so worth it. Mckenzie had never had a s'more before and she ended up eating the chocolate only. Abby loves s'mores and she probably would have eaten a bunch if we had let her. They both were a sticky mess by the time we headed inside. It was a great evening spent with the girls and my babe.

Not sure what to think!


A little warm out to be sitting by a fire!

The girl wanted more chocolate!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers