3.18.2011

Friday, March 18, 2011

Both girls had school this morning and Mckenzie had another great day. She was a little upset about the drop off, but a good friend was the parent helper in the classroom today so that helped a lot. Her teacher said the only other time she cried was when she coming inside from playing and Abby was still on the playground. Abby enjoyed her day at school too. We went to a park today with a bunch of Abby's school friends. It was a really nice day for a picnic and playtime. I like the park a lot, but it was very busy and it is pretty large which makes it tough to keep an eye on both girls. Luckily, I had the other moms to keep an eye on Abby for me while I spent most of my time pushing Mckenzie in the swing. That girl just loves the swing, although, she did finally try out a slide that she LOVED and couldn't get enough of. Abby had so much fun playing with her friends. They were all over the park! I think her favorite is the tire swing. We stopped for ice cream on the way home (an ice cream truck had come to the park while we were there and sat there forever. The girls were begging for ice cream, but I had no cash!.Mckenzie sat on a bench to eat her ice cream and Abby tried to sit next to her only there wasn't enough room.Poor Mckenzie ended up falling off the bench backwards and hit her head. She was acting fine right after but I always worry so much when the kids fall down. Guess she should have been wearing her helmet today. When we got home, I asked if her if she was still hurting anywhere and all she could complain about was her knee. (She fell down earlier on a sidewalk and scrapped up her knee and elbow!) It just wasn't a very good day for her. Abby felt terrible that Mckenzie had fallen and she was so sweet to her. She had Mckenzie lay down on the couch and she sat at the piano and played/sang Mckenzie a song to make her feel better. Such a sweet little girl!!! Abby loves to sing. We were watching a movie in the car today and when a song came on, Abby sang as loud as she could. I love listening to her! We started working on a project to send Scott. I am so excited about it and I can't wait to get it too him!!!!
008
012

1 comment:

  1. Love the girls' dresses. That looks like a grea park! Sometimes I like to just go alone bc it is easier to keep up with mine, but a little adult time is always nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers