3.15.2011

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mckenzie had school today and she had an amazing day! Only a few tears when Abby and I left and that was it. Her teachers said she played with the other children today and even talked to them and she participated in all the classroom activities. When she saw me after class, she ran towards me with open arms screaching hi the whole way. It was adorable and I could see in her face that she enjoyed herself today. I am so happy she is becoming more comfortable with going to school. Abby and I cleaned the house this morning. I gave her a couple of chores to do like feeding the dog and making her bed and she was so proud of herself for helping me clean. Then she ran off to play with her toys while I finished sweeping and mopping and vacuuming. I really wish I had enough money for a live in housekeeper!!! Abby had a friend come over to play today. The girls had so much fun and it is fun for me to listen to them play together. They are both becoming so aware of the other's feelings when it comes to taking turns and sharing toys. Little steps to becoming big girls! Mckenzie was so tired today that she practically begged me to let her nap and didn't want to eat her lunch because she was ready to go lay down. I let her take a nap. I know she needed it because with all the screaming Abby and her little friend did, Mckenzie was still able to fall asleep and stay asleep with her door open. Tonight Abby had a Dad's night at her school to show off what the kids do during the school day. Since Scott is away, I took Abby to her Dad's night. We dropped Mckenzie off at a friends house and they were so sweet to us. The Dad had gotten a corsage for his daughter and one for Abby as well! On the way to school, Abby asked me to turn up the radio so we could rock it!  (Oh, that reminds me about earlier today when Abby's friend was over, all three girls were dancing in Abby's room with the music turned up. I asked what they were doing and they said they were having a dance party!) We had a great time at school coloring, doing crafts, and playing with Lincoln Logs. The kids sang their Hello song as well as their Goodbye song to give the dads a glimpse of what a day in class is like. Abby was in heaven getting to see her friends tonight and I am just so happy that I got to share in the night with her. I wish Scott was here so he could have gone with her, but there is nothing I can do about that. We went for frozen yogurt with our friends afterwards. Cute place I hadn't been to before. Self serve yogurt with a ton of toppings to choose from. Very yummy! Mckenzie had fun over at our friends house. It works out so well since they have two girls the same ages as our girls. Mckenzie did lose her purple pacifier while she was there and she was pretty upset about that on the ride home. But, we found another favorite paci when we got home so all is good in her world! Both girls had a tough time going to bed tonight. Mckenzie told me many times she wasn't tired at all and it took a good hour to get her settled down. Abby was upset about missing Scott and had trouble falling asleep. She told me again she didn't want her Daddy doll and then she told me she wants to take Daddy to the park as soon as he gets home. I cannot wait for Scott to be home so he can give her all the hugs she needs.
020 copy
021
034
041
Abby showing off the toys she likes to play with.
043 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers