3.05.2011

Saturday, March 5, 2011

We went to the park with some friends this afternoon and had a great time. It was a park that we hadn't been to before and we really enjoyed it. There were some pretty interesting people there when we first arrived and I was glad we didn't go there by ourselves. It was in a wooded area with walking trails so after playing for awhile, we took the girls on a walk. Poor Mckenzie wasn't paying attention and walked right into a tree, scratching up the side of her face. I felt so bad that I left her pacifier in the car, but she settled down pretty quickly and was ready to go walk along with the big girls. Abby fell and scraped her knee, so both girls will have reminders of their fun afternoon at the park! The girls collected sticks along the path so when we got close to the creek, they threw them in. Abby had a whole handful at one time. Mckenzie was a bit more picky and found one big stick to carry along. Mckenzie fell asleep on the ride home. I was worried she was going to have trouble going to sleep, but she didn't even fuss when it was bedtime. Our friends came back to the house with us and we ordered in some pizza. It was a really nice afternoon/evening. Abby was upset this evening when it was time for bed. She is so sad that Scott has been away for so long now and she asked if he could just go back to doing his short trips. It breaks my heart to see such sadness in her face and hear her voice quiver as she tells me she only wants to hug her real Daddy and not just her Daddy doll anymore. I wish I could make this all go away, but the only thing I can do is give her extra hugs and hold onto her extra tight. I laid with her until she fell asleep. She looks so sweet in there now, holding on to her Daddy doll, with lambie cast aside on the floor. A picture of Scott and I from years ago is peaking out from underneath her pillow.
015
004
043edit2
038_edited-1

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Barb! What you have written is heartbreaking. I'm glad that you guys have made some friends to help pass the time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers