3.01.2011

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I can't believe it is already March! Mckenzie had school this morning and I was the parent helper. I didn't stay because the teacher thought it would be better for Mckenzie since she is still adjusting to class. I just came back to help out with the snack and clean up. Mckenzie did great. She wasn't happy about me leaving, but she didn't cry when I left and her teacher said she didn't cry during the class either. I am so happy about the progress she is making. Abby went to a friend's house this morning and I had a little me time. I didn't do much of anything, it was just nice to have a little bit of time to myself when I wasn't tired after a long day. Abby had a hard time when I picked her up from her friend's house. She didn't want to leave because she was having so much fun and had a mini meltdown. I blame myself because I didn't give her a five minute warning before we left. (In my defense, I left Mckenzie in the car as Abby and her friend were playing in the front yard. Needless to say, we only had time for a quick chat and goodbye before Mckenzie got upset that she wasn't playing outside too!) Usually when I do that, she doesn't get as upset. Anyway, we had some lunch and met another friend at the purple park for a little playtime this afternoon. It was a little chilly out, but not cold enough to stay inside. Mckenzie mostly wanted to swing and Abby was all over the place. I am so proud of her today. She watched her friend slide down the fireman's pole and she wanted to do the same. It is pretty high and she has always been scared to do it in the past; she even told me that she wanted Daddy to help her go down when he gets home, but today she tried it! And, there is a rock wall that you can climb over that she is always scared to do, but not today. She climbed up and over that too! I am so proud of her! The girls were both very good about leaving the park when it was time to go. We had a quick skype this afternoon with the grandparents to wish Grandma Dawn a happy birthday. The kids get so excited to be able to chat with their family. What a great invention skype is! We had church tonight, but instead of eating there, we ate at home. Abby told me how much fun she had singing in choir tonight. I am glad she enjoys it. Mckenzie and I just hung around and played with the princesses she brought along. Both girls were very ready for bed tonight and didn't give me any trouble about staying up later.
005
012edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers